POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : adding a background picture : Re: adding a background picture Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: adding a background picture
From: scl
Date: 7 Jul 2004 13:35:00
Message: <web.40ec336d33d0286eca7003960@news.povray.org>
"Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote:
> > How dows one add a background image.
>
> It seems you can't do it with the background keyword. But you can do it with
> the "screen.inc" standard include file. It comes with POV-Ray. Your
> background image will then follow the camera but be a part of the scene. To
> avoid having the background-image affected by light and shadow, you can use
> "ambient 1 diffuse 0" in the finish statement.
>
> Regards,
> Hugo

I replied yesterday but for some reason, it never got posted...

I tried using "screen.inc".  However, I cannot seem to be able to get the
background image to be placed behind my 3D model rendering.  I tried
playing with the scale parameter as well as modifying the code in
screen.inc directly but to no avail...has anyone used screen.inc for
background image purposes?